Why You Might Need Professional Installation Over DIY
Thinking of installing your new refrigerator on your own? Perhaps put that plan on ice for now! Here’s why you should consider professional installation services:
- Safety First: Installing a new appliance involves a lot of technicalities, from ensuring proper ventilation for the cooling mechanism to connecting the electrical cord safely.
- Water Supply Connection: In many cases these days, there’s more to installing refrigerators than just simply plugging them in. If your fridge freezer has an ice maker, it needs to be connected to the water supply. Handling the water supply line incorrectly can lead to leaks, causing more damage.
- Time-saving: Leave the heavy lifting to us! Instead of spending a few hours or even the entire day figuring out the installation guide, have a professional do it in a fraction of the time.
As it happens, laws across Australia prohibit unlicensed DIYers from conducting their own plumbing work, including installing refrigerators. The legalities may slightly vary depending on which state or territory you live in, but ultimately, if you need to connect your appliance to your water supply, you’ll need to contact a plumber.
Step-by-Step Installation Process
With any complete refrigerator installation, we follow a thorough process to ensure your new appliance is installed properly, safely and securely.
- Preparation: We start by determining the ideal installation location. This involves ensuring enough space for the refrigerator doors to swing open, and for the refrigerator to stand upright.
- Moving the Refrigerator: Using tools like a hand truck, we carefully move the refrigerator upright without damaging it, the wall or the floors.
- Connection: For fridges with ice makers, we connect them to the water line.
- Final Adjustments: We adjust the refrigerator’s temperature, shelves, and drawers to suit your preferences.
Whether your new fridge is replacing an existing refrigerator or it’s your first, we’ll ensure it’s ready to go and fully functional with zero complications or hassle.