A toilet that is not working can be a nightmare. Of all the times you need to clear a blocked drain, this is usually the most urgent.
Either your toilet water won’t flush, or the toilet water begins to rise to eventually overflow from the toilet bowl. This type of clogged drain is also one of the most common.
This can be due to an overuse of:
- Toilet paper
- Sanitary napkins
- Baby wipes
- Flushing of foreign objects or solid materials
It doesn’t matter what’s causing your blocked toilet drain. Whatever has caused a buildup of debris in your drains, Metropolitan Plumbing will be able to fix it. We will send the right blocked drains expert with the right solution for your specific situation.
Every one of our fully qualified, licensed plumbers has been trained using various clearing methods and can deal with small and severe blockages alike. They are up to date with all the latest technologies, so we really are ready for any problem.
Blocked Basin and Shower Drains
All the drains across your home have the potential to become blocked, and for any number of reasons. For bathroom drains, such as basins, showers and baths, these tend to accumulate residues from soap, body washes, toothpaste, hair and other waste materials.
If you should find yourself with any of the following, then you should contact the blocked drains experts from Metropolitan Plumbing:
- Pooling water in the bottom of your shower
- Your bath water drains slower than usual
- Water comes out of your bathroom drains
- You hear gurgling noises in your pipes when using the washing machine
A licensed plumber from Metropolitan can deal with whatever hair, oil or grease your drain they’re faced with.
Blocked Sink Drains
The kitchen sink is a very common spot to find a blocked drain. A variety of food waste and other matter such as grease build up gets washed down our sinks that really shouldn’t.
Gradual amassing of oil and grease, soap and hand wash deposits, food scraps and other debris are the usual culprits for blocked sink drains. If you find your kitchen sink is draining slowly or maybe not draining at all, contact us for effective drain clearing that same day.
Make blocked sinks – caused by food debris, cooking oil and other waste – a thing of the past with a long-term solution from Metropolitan Plumbing.
Blocked Laundry Drains
Usually hair, material from clothes, and sediment from soap and other cleaning liquids are the main causes of blocked laundry drains. This can be quite problematic as it can impact on washing your clothes and doing those other day to day tasks in the laundry.
A professional drain plumber from Metropolitan does not falter when faced with blocked laundry drains. Whether you need a CCTV drain inspection, electric drain snake (or drain auger) or a hydro jet, Metropolitan has your effective drain clearing needs covered.
How to Prevent Blocked Drains
Nobody likes dealing with blocked drains, but the good news is that there are simple steps you can take to prevent them in the first place. Here are some easy tips to keep your drains flowing smoothly:
- Watch what you put down the drain: Be mindful of what goes down your sink or toilet. Avoid pouring grease, oil, coffee grounds, or food scraps down the kitchen sink. Use a hair strainer in the bathroom to catch hair and soap scum before they clog the drain.
- Regularly clean drains: Make it a habit to clean your drains regularly using a mixture of hot water and vinegar. This can help dissolve build-ups and prevent blockages from forming.
- Use gutter guards: Don’t forget your roof plumbing, which cause all kinds of problems with stormwater drain blockages.
- Install drain screens: Consider installing drain screens or grates on all your drains. These simple, inexpensive devices can catch debris and prevent it from causing blockages.
- Be cautious with flushable items: “Flushable” wipes and sanitary products can still cause blockages. Avoid flushing anything other than toilet paper and human waste.
- Professional inspections: Schedule regular inspections by a plumber to catch any potential issues early on and ensure your drainage system is in good shape.
By following these preventive measures, you can save yourself the hassle of dealing with blocked drains and keep your plumbing system running smoothly. But when you need to clear a blocked drain, particularly if it’s a severe blockage, you know the name to call – Metropolitan Plumbing.