Trust Metropolitan for Carbon Monoxide Testing
Do you need carbon monoxide testing? Carbon monoxide (CO) is extremely difficult to detect because it has no smell. The invisible and dangerous gas is formed by the burning of fuel inside gas appliances. At Metropolitan Plumbing, we recommend servicing your gas appliances every two years.
This service will include a carbon monoxide test. The symptoms for carbon monoxide are very similar to those of the flu. It can be difficult to understand what is happening.
It can be caused by a faulty gas appliance (e.g. gas heater, gas cooktop) or a fireplace which isn’t flued properly, but due to the nature of CO you may not know it’s happening.
If you are concerned about your appliances, call our Metropolitan team now or book one of our plumbers online and they will call you back promptly. We’ve got all the latest detection equipment to keep your home safe.
Understanding Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, and tasteless gas that can be extremely dangerous when present in high levels. It is produced by the incomplete combustion of fuels such as natural gas, gasoline, oil and wood. When these fuels burn, they release carbon monoxide into the air.
Because carbon monoxide is invisible and has no scent, it’s difficult to detect without the help of specialised equipment such as a CO detector. This makes it a silent threat that can harm you and your loved ones without any warning.
Carbon monoxide can come from various sources, including faulty heating systems, water heaters, stoves, and fireplaces. Additionally, running vehicles in enclosed spaces or using generators indoors can also lead to dangerous levels of CO.
Being knowledgeable about carbon monoxide and its sources is crucial for your safety. By understanding its characteristics and potential sources, you can take preventive measures to protect yourself and your family from this invisible menace.